Friday, August 17, 2012

Finally, some animation


I wasn't sure if the animated gif would show, but it looks OK. I took out some frames and re-uploaded it, so it plays at a better speed (I also scaled it down a lot - the original is at HD resolution). The orange background is a neutral flat colour that I can 'key' out later - replacing it with transparency. I used orange so that any fringing left by the matte process will suit the scene (battlefield at dawn).

The 3D render has a shadow too that I can use for the scene if I wish. This finished sequence will now be taken back into the 3D software to be placed on a flat card in 3D space and animated through a scene. I can pull focus and add lighting effects to it, to embed it with the rest of the 2D/3D elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment